Evaluation, monitoring and controling system of the proNet
Evaluation, monitoring and controling system of the proNet
Quantity and quality of resources invested in the realisation of common tasks furthermore knowledge, motivation, network activity and network projects of the member organisations are the cornerstones of the efficiency of proNet network.
Operational principles of the proNet work as a complex system which enables member organisations to understand what they should do and operate accordingly in order to realise all objectives recorded in the principles. Creating all the conditions of this process, the network aspires to evaluate activities and gives feedback. Hereby gives support, authority and opportunity necessary to efficient operation.
Evaluation, monitoring and controling serve the improvement of proNet operation. Content of evaluation, monitoring and controling:
- evaluation is a systematic and periodic examination about what extend member organisations hit the targets of the operational principles. As part of our planning process we launch evaluation in every second year. Evaluation also excavates the imperfections of planning and accomplishment.
- monitoring is a systematic and periodic performance assessment which compares actual achievements with previous objectives.
- controling serves mainly the comparison of expenditures and results. Aims to trace achievements, expenses and supports effective system operation.
Purpose of evaluation:
- Continuous control of operational principles accepted by the network, development of the quality of current co- operation forms;
- Giving authentic, fair, objective feedback regularly to member organisations about their performance in the network and about their organisational resources invested in the network operation. Feeding back strengths and supporting the creation of a realistic organisational self- evaluation;
- Continuous information supplier, self- improver and developer support in order to promote the local service supplier activity of the members;
- Establishing interst in the evaluation.
Fulfiling the conditions of the usage of proNet trademark, recorded in the Operational Principles and preferences related to extra achievements serve tha bases of the evaluation.
In the corse of the evaluation, member organisations compare their planned and realised activities by self- evaluation in order to ensure the realisation of objectives recorded in the Operational Principles.
Requirements of usage of proNet trademark and advantages given by fulfiling extra achievements are the motivation factors for member organisations to realise their undertaken goals. Member organisations can determine their undertakings by making their own action plan about activities they would like to do within the network in advance. Accordingly, they know what options they will have based on their achievements.
These action plans and expected efficiency levels are accepted by the Network Meeting. The Network Meeting pays particular attention to what extend member organisations involve their community and how much support they expect from them in order to fulfil their tasks.
Member organisations draft realistic goals in order to preserve their authenticity. An agreement come into existence on the bases of expected contribution to the network activity from the member organisation’s side and about conditions needed to fulfil this contribution.
Organisations forecast their achievement level for the next two years and name all of those (co- operation partners, Network Meeting, Network Board, workgroups) who can possibly help them to achieve their goals.
Memeber organisations plan their anticipatory efficiency and during the evaluation they compare the plan with their real achievements and report that to the Network Board. This type of self evaluation stresses the importance of community control.
Conditions of proNet memebership and usage of „proNet” trademark
On the network’s level:
An organisation becomes network member based on substantive, written decision of the leadership;
- Informs the leadership of the organisation about the network activity regularly in a substantive form;
- Represents its proNet membership on each public occasion and on each network related materials;
- Names „non- profit services” as organisational activity in its’ basic document,
- Is represented in each network meetings in order to support the networks’ substantive operation- including decision making processes which are related to member organisations;
- Participates in at least one of the proNet workgroups’ activity;
- Contributes to publication of proNet activities and achievements and supports the adaptation of expereinces on its geographical area,
- Co- operates successfully with at least three other network member organisations,
- Is an active initiaitve and/ or an active co- operative partner in at least one network level program;
- Gives place to a network level or a workgroup level program as a host at least every second year;
- Deliver services defined by the network on a given activity or geographical area occassionally.
On local actitity level of the organisation:
- Initiates local community development or network building activities or participate in them;
- Reacts on the needs of civil organisations and plays a non- profit service supplier role in its operational area.
Activities prefered by the network:
On network level:
- The organisation is an active initiative in at least one network level program;
- The organisation undertakes the leadership of one workgroup;
- Operates programs which support the operation and development of the whole network.
On local activitiy level:
- Regularly and continuously supplies services named by the network for every non- profit organisatons which operate in its activity range;
- Realise model value programs- supply method, have multiplicator effect, new model for co- operation, development of an existing program, realising a program on a new venue, open up hidden areas.
Based the organisations’ performances and realised tasks, Network Meeting decides about the authorization of usage of proNet trademark and about awarding preferences. The Network Meeting supervises operational principles and evaluation system at the end of the evaluation term before member organisations make their undertakings.
Network Board harmonises and co- ordinates proNet member organisations’ and their workgroups’ activities and ensure necessary conditions.
The network emphasizes the realistic and exact review of achievements based on the organisations’ undertakings because all of these outcomes make the network efficient and authentic. At the same time proNet doesn’t strive to qualify the member organisations’ local activitiy and dosn’t want to rank them.
Realisation term starts after community agreements have come into existence. Monitoring and controling plays important role in this term.
Network Board investigates the realisation of undertakings at least every second year. The point of the monitoring activity is to investigate the process of the realisation of undertaken tasks, to diagnose emerging problems in conditions, discover defaults and suggest corrections if they are necessary. Monitoring also excavates disproportions in the workgroups’ activity and takes measures in order to dissolve them.
Network Board is responsible for the co- ordination of the network but in case of solving emerging problems the Board can call the Network Meeting.
Also the Network board is responsible for the supervision of member organisations’ network activity and the realisation of their undertakings. In this process the Board strives to use personal communication chanels such as appointments and skype. The Board inquires about the achievements of the organisations and asks the leader of the organisations about any occuring problems during the realisation of their undertakings. Also discuss the changes of the external and the internal environment of the given organisation. This activity smoothes the feeling of separation and gives motivation for a more effective operation.
An other important task of the Network Board is following up the workgroups’ activity. Every meeting reviews the workgroups’ activities and future plans.
The Board pays attention to motivate member organisations to join in the workgroups’ activities by the conditions of usage of proNet trademark and by awarding other related advantages.
In case of network level programs we have to confront achievements and expenditures to calculate the effectiveness and cost- efficieny of our activities.
The controling of the newtork’s emphasised events is also the Network Board’s task. On this level, the Board analyses the connection between outcomes and expenditures. On the workgroup’s level, workgroup leaders are responsible for calculating the cost- efficiency and quality assurance of given activities.
Important area of the proNet’s controling acivity is the support of effective system operation. The quality of network communication which is mainly done by applied ICT is a main element of this process. Network Meeting looks after the development of informatics knowledge and communication methods of member ogranisations. Well operating informatics backgroud is a highly valued one among the cornerstones of the effectiveness of the network
ProNet plays an initiative role in utilization of human resources (knowledge base) in the current turbulent situation. Good planning, professional potential, traceable and felexible financies and effective usage of available infrastructure all together ensure the effectiveness of the network level programs.
After accepting evaluation, monitoring and controling system of proNet is would be practical to modify and where it is necessary to create the following documents:
Interest system of the proNet
Methodology of undertaking tasks and evaluation
Rules of usage of the proNet trademark
Process of accepting new members
Quality assurance system
This document was accepted by the proNet Network on its Network Meeting held on the 16- 17th of April in Eger.
Eger, 17. April 2009.